Friday, June 13, 2014

Euro Projector Headlights and Kamei Grill for the Golf

Woohoo!  I got something done on my car.  Had to go in yesterday and tighten up the connection between the counterweight and transmission gear selector (it came loose, probably was not torqued well enough when I replaced the transmission).  I decided, while I have the battery out, might as well take off the bumper and replace the headlights and grill.  This job ended up being a lot easier than I thought, because I had left the wiring there for my old custom fog lights.  Headlights are halogen projector type with OEM-style marker lights AND LED angel eyes.  I wired the angel eyes to a switch under my dash so I can turn them on/off, depending on how fancy I want to be.

I can't wait to be able to see where I am going at night.  My old headlight lenses were so scratched up that the beam was diffused.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Asus Vivobook X202E DH31T: Quick review

I mostly love my Asus Vivobook X202E DH31t.  It's almost an ultrabook, for a netbook price.  There are just a few things that bother me about it.  Perhaps I can fix some of them...

Friday, December 13, 2013

1& Fail

Today we have a consumer alert for 1& - domain registrar and site host. Lots of people complain about their service, and now I know why.

A domain of mine expired on 11/30/2013. Okay, my bad.

HOLY COW! Within 5 business days, it was cancelled and sent to auction, my 1& account was deleted, and the issue was sent to their collections agency - all without a single attempt to notify me via phone, e-mail, or letter. Called and paid the collections agency plus an extra $12 fee. Collections agency said they would notify 1&1 immediately. Days later, no status update from 1&1. Called billing department, the person who answered had no idea what was going on and said I just have to keep waiting. My site has been down for 13 days now and I have no estimate as to when this is going to get fixed. The first thing I will do if I ever get my domain back is transfer it to Godaddy. Thanks 1&1!

And I used to complain because Godaddy sends out a half-dozen e-mails reminding me about products that are expiring.