I have been working on the appearance update for the car. I received my new front grill, which I painted:
|New Kamei front grill which I painted silver, before clear coat|
It looks great, I think it will be a nice improvement for the car. I also got my new headlights, they are projector style with halo DRLs. I haven't looked at them a lot, but I think they will look nice. Lingering concerns involve difficult (running of all the extra) wiring, and more difficult bulb change access.
Still waiting to hear back if my fenders are covered by VW, so I haven't been rushing head-long into disassembling the front end. However, we are supposed to get a lot of rain over the next week or two, so I may pull the car in for an indoor project.
I've been riding my e-bike again! After all the battery manager drama, I was anxious to get some numbers so I could find out how much damage the battery took. Throughout several trips over the last week. I started a log book so I can keep track of battery performance. So far I've had one trip where the battery was looking pretty strong - sitting at 52.5v after a good 20 mile trip that used ~10 AH:
|Looking good after a 20 mile round trip.|
Been making a few trips out to the beach to drop off these critters:
|This little dude just qualified for a free e-bike ride!|